- (Of a disease) accompanied by a rash with lesions resembling millet seed: miliary tuberculosisMore example sentences
- Hypoxemia not accounted for by the degree of involvement seen on chest radiograph may be suggestive of forthcoming miliary disease.
- The most common forms of extra-pulmonary involvement include lymphadenopathies, pleural effusion, pericardial disease, miliary disease and meningitis.
- Tuberculous effusions can follow early postprimary, chronic pulmonary, or miliary tuberculosis.
late 17th century: from Latin miliarius, from milium 'millet'.
More definitions of miliaryDefinition of miliary in:
- The British & World English dictionary