Definition of militarism in English:
The belief or desire of a government or people that a country should maintain a strong military capability and be prepared to use it aggressively to defend or promote national interests.
- You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are.
- Based on this standpoint, we oppose every form of militarism and nationalism.
- He loathes war and militarism, and despises chauvinism in every form.
- Example sentences
- His government was autocratic, militarist, and nationalist.
- These actions are part of a very deliberate agenda to deny self-determination to the peoples of the world, keeping the world ‘safe’ for investors, corporations and militarists.
- And that is ultimately why we, the people, are going to win, and they, the corporate militarists, are going to lose.
Pronunciation: /ˈmiləd(ə)rəst/noun& adjective
Definition of militarism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan