1A cow or other animal that is kept for milk, especially one of a specified productivity: the cows were no more than fair milkers
More example sentences
- They offered the ‘station’ experience, feeding cattle, shearing sheep, horseback riding, whip cracking, and milking the few milkers they had.
- First calvers, older cows and the better milkers are likely to be thinner than the rest.
- He's now A2 Corporation's point man in Britain, busy persuading farmers to change their herds over to A2 milkers.
2A person or device that milks cows.
- Mr Williams, now a self-employed relief milker and gardener, who lives at Fishguard, expressed his delight at the result.
- The procedure kills bacteria from the cow or the milker or milking machine.
- The last place he worked had a carousel milker that could handle 600 cows in three hours.
Words that rhyme with milkerbilker, Rilke
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of milker in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.