Definition of milkfish in English:
noun (plural same or milkfishes)
A large active silvery fish of the Indo-Pacific region, farmed for food in Southeast Asia and the Philippines.
- Chanos chanos, the only member of the family Chanidae
- There's this mythical fish, you see, called a milkfish.
- Local fishermen report spotting species like the milkfish, which is rarely found near such small islands.
- Furthermore, there is evidence for spontaneous thrombus formation in skipjack and yellowfin tunas, as well as in milkfish.
Definition of milkfish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan