Definition of millenarian in English:
Relating to or believing in Christian millenarianism.
- If the turn of the second millennium was not unlike the first in its lack of eschatological millenarian fervor, the end of the 20th century was much unlike the end of the 19th century.
- There has already been speculation from the apocalyptically inclined about how a Gibsonian reading of the Popol Vuh might dovetail with Christian millenarian prophecies of the End Times.
- One only needs direct access to the Gospels unmediated by historical traditions and unencumbered by church doctrines to find there the paradigmatic model of a successful millenarian cult.
nounBack to top
A person who believes in the doctrine of the millennium.
- Yes, many of the early Church Fathers were millenarians, and so were some later Catholics and Protestants.
- Weber has read one great slate of unhappiness, history as written by sects and prophets, millenarians, chiliasts, and televangelists.
- Far from waiting around resignedly for Christ's arrival, millenarians believed the godly Christian must prepare for Christ's advent by building paradise on earth.
Words that rhyme with millenarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, vegetarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
Definition of millenarian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan