- One thousandth of a bar, the cgs unit of atmospheric pressure equivalent to 100 pascals.More example sentences
- The world record for the lowest tropical cyclone pressure is 870 millibars in Typhoon Tip in the northwest Pacific Ocean on Oct. 12, 1979.
- When you multiply by inches of mercury and divide by millibars, the millibars cancel out and you're left with inches of mercury.
- If the barometric pressure suddenly drops from, say, a normal reading of 1,000 millibars to 900 millibars, a very powerful wind will result.
More definitions of millibarDefinition of millibar in:
- The British & World English dictionary