(also mine field)
Definition of minefield in English:
1An area planted with explosive mines.
- The core elements of such groups can be tanks (infantry fighting vehicles, armored personnel carriers) as well as minefields and explosive obstacles.
- At the initial stage of the operation in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the principal mass of minefields (clusters of mines) was found in disposition areas of Russian units.
- New symbols to show minefields, or areas targeted for artillery fire, will also be available.
1.1A subject or situation presenting unseen hazards: a minefield of technical regulations
More example sentences
- Anyway I digress, see what a minefield this subject is!
- It has long been a minefield of a subject, with extravagant claims for its importance being a recurring feature.
- As well as that, they were by their choice of subject in an ethical minefield.
Definition of minefield in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan