Definition of mineral water in English:
1Water found in nature with some dissolved salts present.
- The good news is that almost three quarters of the bottled waters we drink are natural mineral waters, with still versions the most popular.
- For instance, the actual mineral content of most mineral waters is less than 500 parts per million.
- And at almost a pound a bottle, Dasani tap water was more expensive than many natural mineral waters.
1.1chiefly British An artificial imitation of this, especially soda water.
- Yes, dear reader, ice cream and mineral waters, or soda and pop as they are called today, was indeed a luxury for many Irish people in times past.
- By the 1970s, blow moulded bottles made from high purity food grades of the resin were beginning to appear and were used for carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters.
- Instead, dozens of young children dart through the crowds selling small bottles of iced mineral water or brightly coloured fizzy drinks.
Definition of mineral water in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.