- The lowest wage permitted by law or by a special agreement (such as one with a labor union).More example sentences
- Like the minimum wage, the national agreement may put a floor under wage increases, but nothing more.
- It relates to past workers who in the past had qualified for the national minimum wage.
- The agreement raises starting minimum wages by a paltry 35 cents, to $6.70 an hour.
More definitions of minimum wageDefinition of minimum wage in:
- The British & World English dictionary