- Diamonds or clubs.More example sentences
- Because of the difference in score, clubs and diamonds are called the minor suits and hearts and spades are the major suits.
- If all pass in the full-hand phase as well, the player to dealer's right is the declarer in a simple minor suit game as usual.
- Widder, somewhat misleadingly, writes that an unbid 100 scores 1 point in a minor suit, or 2 in hearts, but then adds that ‘a kontra against the game takes along the silent 100, i.e. doubles its value, too.’
early 20th century: so named because of their lower scoring value.
More definitions of minor suitDefinition of minor suit in:
- The British & World English dictionary