nounhumorous or derogatory
An impudent, cunning, or boldly flirtatious girl or young woman.
- She's not at all a passive love object, she's actually, I think, a bit of a minx.
- I know for a fact that there are some fashionable little minxes who read this blog on the odd occasion.
- And at the checkout I had to sift through the basket of items I had chosen and those which had been sneaked in by my minx of a little helper.
- Example sentences
- Relationship dynamics are intense and extreme through the 25th until your planetary ruler, mighty Madame Venus, enters the more minxish terrain of Gemini.
- She was funny and sharp and confident and clear when she was with her girlfriends, and then became indecisive and minxish and coy around men.
- Me, I cling to my childish things for they make me who I am, minxish and fun, unconditionally accepting of others, trusting in the nature of the universe to keep me safe and happy.
Mid 16th century (denoting a pet dog): of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with minxjinks, jinx, lynx, methinks, sphinx
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.