nounhumorous or derogatory
An impudent, cunning, or boldly flirtatious girl or young woman.
More example sentences
- She's not at all a passive love object, she's actually, I think, a bit of a minx.
- I know for a fact that there are some fashionable little minxes who read this blog on the odd occasion.
- And at the checkout I had to sift through the basket of items I had chosen and those which had been sneaked in by my minx of a little helper.
mid 16th century (denoting a pet dog): of unknown origin.
- More example sentences
- Relationship dynamics are intense and extreme through the 25th until your planetary ruler, mighty Madame Venus, enters the more minxish terrain of Gemini.
- She was funny and sharp and confident and clear when she was with her girlfriends, and then became indecisive and minxish and coy around men.
- Me, I cling to my childish things for they make me who I am, minxish and fun, unconditionally accepting of others, trusting in the nature of the universe to keep me safe and happy.