- A synthetic insecticide of the organochlorine type used chiefly against ants.More example sentences
- Those chemicals are identified in schedule 2 of the legislation as aldrin, chlordane, dieldrin, endrin, heptachlor, hexachlorobenzene, mirex, toxaphene, polychlorinated biphenyls, and DDT.
- As the Minister in the previous debate mentioned, the 10 chemicals are: aldrin, chlordane, DDT, dieldrin, endrin, heptachlor, hexachlorobenzene, mirex, toxaphene, and polychlorinated biphenyls.
- In addition, lipid weight concentration of sum chlordanes, dieldrin, and mirex were significantly higher for the 1988-1991 stranded whales compared to the 1994 subsistence animals.
1960s: of unknown origin.
More definitions of mirexDefinition of mirex in:
- The British & World English dictionary