Definition of mirror image in English:
1An image or object that is identical in form to another, but with the structure reversed, as in a mirror.
- It always appalls me that the photo image, not the mirror image, may be what other people are really seeing.
- As can be seen, it is the mirror image and reverse of the first matrix.
- It is not a mirror image of Sadeler's engraving.
1.1A person or thing that closely resembles another: the city was the mirror image of Algiers
More example sentences
- Clearly, Constantinople with its multicultural population and foreign colonies is the model for this cultural interface, but it had its mirror images in almost every city.
- The lives of the children are shaped on the lives of the parents, they present a mirror image, let your image be a good one.
- Such cases usually do not have any malfunction and are only a mirror image of the usual structural condition.
Definition of mirror image in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan