Definition of mirror image in English:
1An image or object that is identical in form to another, but with the structure reversed, as in a mirror.
- It always appalls me that the photo image, not the mirror image, may be what other people are really seeing.
- As can be seen, it is the mirror image and reverse of the first matrix.
- It is not a mirror image of Sadeler's engraving.
1.1A person or thing that closely resembles another: the city was the mirror image of Algiers
More example sentences
- Clearly, Constantinople with its multicultural population and foreign colonies is the model for this cultural interface, but it had its mirror images in almost every city.
- The lives of the children are shaped on the lives of the parents, they present a mirror image, let your image be a good one.
- Such cases usually do not have any malfunction and are only a mirror image of the usual structural condition.
Definition of mirror image in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.