Definition of mirthful in English:
Full of mirth; merry or amusing: mirthful laughter
More example sentences
- That's one of the mirthful questions answered in this light-hearted, irreverent and yet strangely affecting account of Christ's entire life, not just the three years or so we get in the Bible.
- Laughter peals through Taipei's Great Tranquility Park as the play's hero, the deliciously impish King Monkey, contorts his face with mirthful delight at the havoc he has inspired.
- It is not only an essential adjunct to ceremonials, adding a mirthful dimension to martial pomp and vigour, but also possesses a vast potential as a medium of cultural entertainment.
- Example sentences
- The second thing that strikes you is that even the sad songs are spiked with joyful harmonies, and there's something wistful and mirthfully alive in the music that makes you forget about whatever else you thought you were going to hear.
- ‘We thought you were dead’ a wise old man mirthfully wheezed.
- At the end of the table a greybeard makes heavy overtures, mirthfully spied upon from a window above, to a half-protesting matron.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan