- The interbreeding of people considered to be of different racial types.More example sentences
- Of course, in the genre of domestic colonial fiction, the great danger posed by interracial marriage is continued miscegenation and racial degeneration.
- Fear of miscegenation and xenophobia and the consequent race riots resulted in restrictive legislation against the importation of Pacific and Chinese labor.
- By tackling the taboo topic of miscegenation and representing it in both the form and content of her plays, Kennedy represents the African American struggle against both external and internal oppression.
mid 19th century: formed irregularly from Latin miscere 'to mix' + genus 'race' + -ation.
More definitions of miscegenationDefinition of miscegenation in:
- The British & World English dictionary