- (In cricket and rugby) field (a ball) badly or clumsily.More example sentences
- There were drama when Wayne Hurley misfielded an easy ball which led to a four when South Africa needed those eight runs from the last six balls.
- The home side's three tries came first from Tuilevu's mistake as he misfielded Boeta Wessels' grubber and watched as Wylie Human kicked through and pounced on the loose ball.
- The opening try to the visitors came very shortly after kick-off when a speculative kick ahead was misfielded by the Otliensians' defence and winger Steve Montgomery went over for Hessle, the conversion attempt failing.
More definitions of misfieldDefinition of misfield in:
- The British & World English dictionary