Definition of misgovern in English:
Govern (a state or country) unfairly or inefficiently.
- If we can keep our unity, we can turf out of their seats those who have misgoverned the country.
- The stories are set in the 1190s, with King Richard away on crusade and his shifty brother John misgoverning the country.
- Unfortunately, the Alliance members, most of whom belong to Uzbek and Tajik ethnic minorities, had misgoverned the country in the early 1990s.
- Example sentences
- Enthusiasm at the possibility of transcending ethnic politics turned to dismay as misgovernment, corruption, and human rights violations occurred.
- ‘An informed public is the most potent of all restraints upon misgovernment,’ he wrote.
- Many nationalists disapproved of migration, arguing that it was the wicked and inevitable product of British misgovernment.
Definition of misgovern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan