Definition of mismanage in English:
Manage (something) badly or wrongly.
- If anyone working in the private sector mismanaged a budget as badly as the council has, they would be sacked.
- I have used grounded research to explore how middle managers might facilitate or inhibit change by managing or mismanaging the emotions of their employees.
- This was also partly meant to convince the colonialists that the Africans were ready to manage or mismanage their own affairs.
- Example sentences
- The money will help rebuild an economy ruined by mismanagement and war.
- This is despite the fact that it collapsed due to irregularities and mismanagement.
- Buying it more time isn't going to reverse what appears to be mismanagement and complacency.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia