Make wrong or inaccurate statements about.
- Not only did he get the quote wrong, he also misstated the name of the character who said it and what the line referred to!
- But he didn't misstate anything or misrepresent himself at all.
- I think that misstates President Clinton's post-presidency statements on Social Security.
- Example sentences
- If these paragraphs are representative, however, the article as a whole should contain, by conservative extrapolation, approximately 94 other serious distortions and misstatements of fact.
- It's been going on for a couple of cycles now, and it was designed to be - is designed to be both an antidote to the misstatements that the candidates say during the debate, but also it's supposed to be an antidote to spin.
- Both men repeated misstatements made in earlier debates, and added a few new ones.
Words that rhyme with misstateabate, ablate, aerate, ait, await, backdate, bait, bate, berate, castrate, collate, conflate, crate, create, cremate, date, deflate, dictate, dilate, distraite, donate, downstate, eight, elate, equate, estate, fate, fête, fixate, freight, frustrate, gait, gate, gestate, gradate, grate, great, gyrate, hate, hydrate, inflate, innate, interrelate, interstate, irate, Kate, Kuwait, lactate, late, locate, lustrate, mandate, mate, migrate, misdate, mistranslate, mutate, narrate, negate, notate, orate, ornate, Pate, placate, plate, prate, prorate, prostrate, pulsate, pupate, quadrate, rate, rotate, sate, sedate, serrate, short weight, skate, slate, spate, spectate, spruit, stagnate, state, straight, strait, Tate, tête-à-tête, Thwaite, translate, translocate, transmigrate, truncate, underrate, understate, underweight, update, uprate, upstate, up-to-date, vacate, vibrate, wait, weight
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.