noun [treated as singular]
- An extreme combat sport in which contestants are permitted to use the fighting techniques of wrestling and boxing but also those of martial arts such as kickboxing, judo, and karate.More example sentences
- The principal force behind the effort is the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the largest mixed martial arts association in the world.
- Only with education will the society ever fully accept the sport of mixed martial arts.
- Yet even among more experimental sects, mixed martial arts has critics.
More definitions of mixed martial artsDefinition of mixed martial arts in:
- The British & World English dictionary