(also mizuna greens)
- An oriental rape of a variety with finely cut leaves that are eaten as a salad vegetable.
More example sentences
- Brassica rapa variety nipposinica, family Brassicaceae
- The trouble with meatballs, however, is that there are rarely any leftovers - which is more than can be said for mizuna and pomegranate salad with braised pork belly, enoki mushrooms and miso.
- For a mild mix, combine familiar types of leaf lettuce with greens such as mizuna, purslane, mache and chervil.
- In Tenerife they concentrate on salad leaves such as mizuna, ruby chard, rocket and red mustard.
1990s: from Japanese.
More definitions of mizunaDefinition of mizuna in:
- The British & World English dictionary