(also mizuna greens)
Definition of mizuna in English:
An oriental rape of a variety with finely cut leaves that are eaten as a salad vegetable.
- Brassica rapa variety nipposinica, family Brassicaceae
- The trouble with meatballs, however, is that there are rarely any leftovers - which is more than can be said for mizuna and pomegranate salad with braised pork belly, enoki mushrooms and miso.
- For a mild mix, combine familiar types of leaf lettuce with greens such as mizuna, purslane, mache and chervil.
- In Tenerife they concentrate on salad leaves such as mizuna, ruby chard, rocket and red mustard.
1990s: from Japanese.
Definition of mizuna in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia