adjective (moanier, moaniest)• informal , chiefly British
- Tending to grumble or complain, typically about trivial issues: they came across as a moany, joyless bunch I don’t want to get a reputation for being moanyMore example sentences
- Fifteen-year-olds are society's most belittled demographic group: largely dismissed as grumpy, hoody and moany.
- My friends tell me I get a bit moany sometimes, but venting is important: it gets stuff out of your system.
- He said that when I'm not in the side and scoring, I'm the moaniest guy he's ever met, and I wasn't surprised by that.
More definitions of moanyDefinition of moany in:
- The British & World English dictionary