- 1A fine-quality coffee.More example sentences
- A whoosh of freshly ground mocha coffee hits the nose and then, once the wine hits your mouth, it's joined by black fruits, liquorice, spice and a spray of refreshing acidity.
- The local coffee mocha (named after the town al-Mukha), became an important item in world trade.
- Many grocery stores carry all kinds of ‘specialty coffees’ such as mint, mocha, or almond.
- 1.1A drink or flavoring made with or in imitation of this, typically with chocolate added.More example sentences
- Not mention, I was horribly addicted to iced mochas and hot chocolates.
- I drink café mochas at least four or five times a day.
- Once people are used to going back to school and get back into more daily rituals, they will go back to lattes and mochas.
- 1.2A dark brown color.More example sentences
- If you have brown eyes, stick with taupe, sable and mocha hues.
- Then she realized that one of his eyes was deep mocha brown and the other was a bright sky blue, almost too blue.
- A barbecued duck breast with roasted plums might have been enjoyable if it hadn't arrived mocha brown.
late 18th century: named after Mocha, a port on the Red Sea, from where the coffee and leather were first shipped.
More definitions of mochaDefinition of mocha in:
- The British & World English dictionary