Definition of mock orange in English:
A bushy shrub of north temperate regions that is cultivated for its strongly scented white flowers whose perfume resembles orange blossom.
- Genus Philadelphus, family Hydrangeaceae (formerly Philadelphaceae): several species and hybrids, in particular P. coronarius
- Add jewel mint of Corsica or creeping thyme between a path's stepping stones, and, if you have room, put a lemon or orange tree or a mock orange beside the path.
- Gardeners could lay the same charge against most mock oranges.
- And my mock orange bloomed very little this spring.
Definition of mock orange in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.