Entry from British & World English dictionary
- Everything screams Euro, from the glossy wine-red walls dressed with oversized posters to the throbbing house to the floor-to-ceiling stall doors and mod capsule hand dryer in the WC.
- Families who have every hi-tech mod con in their rooms, overnight laundry service and on-tap pampering for mums and dads.
- A secret chamber with all mod surveillance and survival cons, it is all the rage in New York.
nounBritish Back to top
(Especially in the early 1960s) a young person of a subculture characterized by stylish dress, the riding of motor scooters, and a liking for soul music.
- After all, parents in earlier times were once scandalised by teddy boys and mods and hippies and punks.
- Back in the Eighties, you were either a mod, a long-haired rocker or a football casual and if you were a particularly awkward teenager you were a goth.
- By the late 60s many working-class mods had evolved into skinheads, and were listening to the music coming out of Jamaica at the time.
Words that rhyme with modbod, clod, cod, god, hod, nod, od, odd, plod, pod, prod, quad, quod, scrod, shod, squad, tod, Todd, trod, wad
A modification: a couple of minor mods to the wheels will ease the installation of the tires
More example sentences
- The design will need to incorporate all the same blogger tags, links and sidebar elements as the current template with scope for easy mods.
- Another popular mod, for cases that lack it, is attaching USB connections to the front of the case.
- The mod in question allows players to zoom right in to the action and allows for a much more free experience.
verb (mods, modding, modded)[with object] Back to top
Make modifications to; modify: both the single-player and multiplayer games can be modded
More example sentences
- Apple computers have been modded into PCs and vice versa.
- It'll be like modding a car: You buy the really basic model, and swap out the things you don't like for things you do like.
- A good article in the Tech Review looks at the issue of mod chips, and how far companies go to stop anyone from modding their hardware.
- Example sentences
- Many of the best game companies now count on modders to show them the way creatively and to ensure their own survival in a savagely competitive market.
- Obviously, for someone who doesn't show their PC off much, this won't matter, but for most case modders, looks are everything.
- That's why this product has a particular appeal for modders and owners of system cases with a transparent side window - the modules do look amazing at work.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan