Definition of modeling in English:
1The work of a fashion model.
- He continues his modelling career between acting jobs and is based with a Manchester agency.
- Women certainly seem to take centre stage when it comes to the world of fashion and modelling, and the few men in the profession appear to be a class apart.
- ‘Although I sometimes feel very tired, fashion modelling is still a very attractive job,’ she said.
2The art or activity of making three-dimensional models.
- Their works - be it be painting, clay modelling or videography - are great.
- As well as sketching, oil and water colour painting, clay modelling is also available.
- In terms of both modelling and the decoration applied to his surface - a cross-eyed butterfly caught in the gaze of a greedy frog - he is a tour-de-force.
2.1 [often with adjective] The devising or use of abstract or mathematical models: macroeconomic modeling and policy analysis
More example sentences
- Updating of its contents is most timely in view of the recent interest in mathematical modelling of oil field development techniques.
- The essence of mathematical modelling is simplification.
- As well as the one that we have discussed, human movement raises many problems that can be tackled by mathematical modelling.
Definition of modeling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia