- The English language as it has been since about 1500.More example sentences
- For example, it is unlikely a speaker of Old English would know modern English, but may have a few clues as to the use of words.
- He knows classical and modern English literature as few Englishmen or Americans know it, and can quote entire paragraphs from the most unexpected authors.
- This up-to-date reference book lays out and explains the meanings of allusions in use in modern English language.
More definitions of modern EnglishDefinition of modern English in:
- The British & World English dictionary