- A fashionable milliner or dressmaker.More example sentences
- It's the sort of city where a burglar, a banker, a taxi-driver, an academician, a modiste, and a pushcart vendor might all fetch up together in a corner banquette at the end of the night.
- Then find me a competent man of affairs along with a modiste and a personal maid from one of the agencies.
- Of course, I've been with my modiste - this year's hats are so bewitching!
mid 19th century: French, from mode 'fashion'.
More definitions of modisteDefinition of modiste in:
- The British & World English dictionary