1Employing or involving a module or modules as the basis of design or construction: modular housing units
More example sentences
- Equipped with low level perch seats to discourage beggars and stray animals from cuddling down, the shelters employ modular construction for fast assembling.
- In the course of doing this, it has transformed itself into one of Britain's leading experts on designing, costing, project managing and financing modular construction.
- On this note, it might have been beneficial to include a few of the artist's recent modular, design-oriented constructions of wood and paint.
1.1 Mathematics Relating to a modulus.
- One of the main reasons for including an introduction to modular arithmetic is that the two most popular public key algorithms use modular exponentiation as their basic mathematical process.
- These problems form the basis of a conjecture: every elliptic curve defined over the rational field is a factor of the Jacobian of a modular function field.
- Complex multiplication and modular forms had been treated in the 19th century by Kronecker and Heinrich Weber, who discovered their link with class field theory.
- Example sentences
- As already suggested, modularity is a discipline that requires close functional identification with a pattern or configuration that will change.
- The driving force behind the aesthetics of modularity is a transformation in the geometry of class, the shift from a national to a global process of class formation.
- But as a formation modularity lacks the notion of semiotic play and drift that is for many the overriding feature of postmodernity.
Words that rhyme with modularnodular
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.