(Of a solution) containing one mole of solute per kilogram of solvent.
More example sentences
- As such a one molal solution has one mole dissolved in 2.205 lb of solution.
- If 1kg of solvent has two moles of solute dissolved in it than it is a 2 molal solution.
- The section on the interconversion of molal and molar solutions needs to be reworded.
- More example sentences
- If the solvent used is water the molarity and the molality are essentially the same.
- The latter three properties are directly proportional to the molality of the dissolved solute, which is defined as the number of moles of solute per kilogram of solvent.
- Instead of dealing with the volume of the solution or solvent, molality is concerned with the mass of solution or solvent.
Definition of molal in:
- The British & World English dictionary