- 1A curved metal blade in a plow that turns the earth over: [as modifier]: moldboard plowsMore example sentences
- Effective erosion control is often achieved on flatter slopes by using a chisel plow, disk, or field cultivator instead of the moldboard plow.
- ARS scientists, working with NRCS and universities, have done the research that has encouraged farmers to largely put away the moldboard plow and switch to conservation tillage on about 40 percent of U.S. planted acres.
- We store seed wheat in a wooden grainary, we shovel starter fertilizer into the drills by hand, and we still use a moldboard plow (that always shocks no-tillers that I visit).
- 1.1A curved metal plate on the front of a snowplow or bulldozer, used for pushing snow or loose earth.More example sentences
- The moldboard, which is positioned about halfway between the front axle and the pivot point of the rear tandem wheels, rises only about half an inch.
- He then assists the loader in clearing away excess dirt from moldboards.
- The grader features a 7-ft., six-way hydraulically controlled moldboard operated with switches mounted on the loader's steer levers for fingertip control.
More definitions of moldboardDefinition of moldboard in:
- The British & World English dictionary