Definition of mole salamander in English:
A stocky, broad-headed North American salamander that spends much of its life underground.
- Family Ambystomatidae: several genera, in particular Ambystoma, and numerous species, including A. talpoideum
- Examples of these organisms include wood frogs, mole salamanders, and fairy shrimp.
- During early Spring, some mole salamanders are known for their mass migrations to breeding sites, converging in very large numbers on ponds over the course of two or three days.
- This spring, more than 200 Rhode Islanders in two dozen communities took turns playing crossing guard: for mole salamanders and wood frogs migrating across highways.
Definition of mole salamander in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia