- The branch of biology that deals with the structure and function of the macromolecules (e.g., proteins and nucleic acids) essential to life.More example sentences
- A central paradigm of molecular biology is that a protein's structure is determined by its amino acid sequence.
- It has become an integral and essential element of biotechnology and molecular biology, transforming the very way in which modern biology is conducted.
- There has been an explosion in our understanding of the biology and molecular biology of lung cancer over the past decade.
More definitions of molecular biologyDefinition of molecular biology in:
- The British & World English dictionary