Definition of molest in English:
1Pester or harass (someone), typically in an aggressive or persistent manner: the crowd was shouting abuse and molesting the two police officers
More example sentences
- I hereby apply to have the said demand set aside and to stop the Defendant and their agent and solicitor from harassing and molesting me.
- If anyone should try to molest him or thieve from him, the dogs were there on hand to attack them.
- The army was warned not to molest the citizens in any manner, and the commanders were cautioned exercise maximum vigilance to this end.
1.1Assault or abuse (a person, especially a woman or child) sexually.
- We know he abused and sexually molested children.
- The singer has now been formally charged with sexually molesting a child after giving him alcohol.
- A private hire driver who sexually molested a teenage girl in his cab has been jailed for three years.
- Example sentences
- Simply applying the facts to the law, Dixon appears guilty of aggravated child molestation.
- The brothers all claim the molestations took place over a period of years, until they left high school and moved on to college.
- In many, many child molestations you dig and you don't have to dig deep, you will find other allegations in the past.
- Example sentences
- By reaching out to her TV audience, she helped put two accused child molesters behind bars within 48 hours of the broadcast.
- The new law would lift those restrictions in cases against churches or other institutions that continued to employ known molesters who went on to abuse other victims.
- Thirty-five percent of the individuals that we arrest for trafficking in child pornography are, in fact, child molesters.
Pronunciation: /ˌmōˌle-, ˌmōləˈstāSHən/noun
Words that rhyme with molestabreast, arrest, attest, beau geste, behest, bequest, best, blessed, blest, breast, Brest, Bucharest, Budapest, celeste, chest, contest, crest, digest, divest, guest, hest, infest, ingest, jest, lest, Midwest, nest, northwest, pest, prestressed, protest, quest, rest, self-addressed, self-confessed, self-possessed, southwest, suggest, test, Trieste, unaddressed, unexpressed, unimpressed, unpressed, unstressed, vest, west, wrest, zest
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan