- Genus Poecilia, family Poeciliidae: several species, in particular P. sphenops. See also sailfin molly
- Many fish lay eggs, but some - including common aquarium fish such as guppies, swordtails, and mollies - retain the eggs inside their bodies until hatching.
- The company rears popular varieties like goldfish, angelfish, mollies and fighters in its farm near Coimbatore.
- Female Mexican mollies, P. mexicana, did not discriminate between sworded males and unsworded males based on mating interest.
1930s: from modern Latin Mollienisia (former genus name), from the name of Count Mollien (1758–1850), French statesman.
Words that rhyme with mollyBarbirolli, brolly, collie, dolly, folly, golly, holly, jolly, lolly, Mollie, nollie, Ollie, polly, poly, trolley, volley, wally
- Undercover narcotics officers baited pharmaceutical entrepreneurs with entreaties for Molly.
- Miami Dade police have found that Molly also can contain methylone, a chemical found in bath salts.
- Molly water is the name for what EDM fans call water with Ecstasy dissolved in it.
Early 21st century: probably after the given name Molly, perhaps influenced by the initial letter of MDMA.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.