Definition of mona monkey in English:
A West African guenon that has a bluish-gray face with a pink muzzle. The female has a distinctive moaning call.
- Cercopithecus mona, family Cercopithecidae
- The wild animals that suffered most were large carnivores such as lions and hyenas; primates including colobus and mona monkeys; and several herbivores.
- Many smaller animals have also joined the collection: siamang gibbons, provost squirrels, howler monkey, armadillo and the elusive mona monkeys.
- The scientists hypothesize that chimp SIV evolved from SIV found in red-capped sooty mangabeys as well as SIV that infects greater spot-nosed, mustached, and mona monkeys.
Definition of mona monkey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia