Definition of monetary in English:
Of or relating to money or currency: documents with little or no monetary value
More example sentences
- Various economists were critical about monetary union for basically two reasons.
- It seems as if they have never heard anything about the monetary theory of the trade cycle.
- Yet this is a problem for that firm, not a problem with the monetary system as a whole.
- Example sentences
- International Unions have monetarily supported political candidates that have openly supported free trade agreements that have cost thousands if not millions of good jobs.
- As many barn owners would tell you, the cost of maintaining historic structures is high, not only monetarily but also as an investment of time and hard work.
- Indeed, according to the Talmud, if you embarrass someone you have an obligation to compensate him monetarily, just the same as if you injured that person or damaged his property.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia