Definition of monetize in English:
1Convert into or express in the form of currency.
- Will it be stabilised by fiscal transfers from other member countries or should the European Central Bank be allowed to monetise the accrued national debt?
- Such is the simplified view of how the Federal Reserve actions monetized recent price increases, such as those of oil.
- The Federal Reserve has not yet had to monetize the national deficit, but the trend seems to point in that direction.
1.1 (usually as adjective monetized) Adapt (a society) to the use of money: a fully monetized society
More example sentences
- In the third century the economy was becoming less monetized; this trend reversed itself after the establishment of the solidus.
- The earliest Greek poetry and wisdom, we citizens of a thoroughly monetized society recognise as alien and yet somehow more akin to us than anything from those earlier civilisations.
- Customary forms of communal labor were gradually giving way to more monetized arrangements as agriculture became increasingly commercial and war disrupted the supply and demand for workers.
2Earn revenue from (an asset, business, etc.): the company has not said how it expects to monetize the game some of this content can be monetized
More example sentences
- If there's a resistance to adverts, how do you monetise these sites?
- We take that relationship between the producer and the audience and monetise it through advertising.
- Take away the exchange value of the copy, and how are artists able to monetise their creative work?
- Example sentences
- If the only tool you use for measuring value is a price tag or monetization, then those values that are not easily monetized begin to look like they have no value.
- The deputies had plenty of other means at their disposal to criticize the government and protest the monetization of benefits.
- In their discussions, monetization is not limited to paper assets, but curiously includes the mention of gold mines, among other things.
Pronunciation: /ˌmänədəˈzāSH(ə)n/ /ˌmänəˌtīˈzāSH(ə)n/noun
Definition of monetize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.