Definition of moniker in English:
- Can you name the artist's solo title, her Spice moniker and her actual name?
- They eschew their given names for monikers like ‘Hotstick,’ ‘Bo’ and ‘Socks.’
- With three speech scrolls, Quinatzin engages the two men to his right, whom the painter identifies with ethnic monikers instead of personal names.
Mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
- Example sentences
- Up to six million people are expected to log on during the month-long project to see how the politically monikered pen-mates get on.
- This weekend, I received three e-mails from three of the most impressively monikered people I've ever heard of.
- Home Page is a cleverly monikered site that seems to only contain random pictures and not much else.
Words that rhyme with monikerelectronica, harmonica, Honecker, japonica, Monica, Salonica, santonica, veronica
Definition of moniker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan