adjectiveZoology & Botany
- Resembling a string of beads.More example sentences
- Faint brown septate hyphae and moniliform fungal elements were found in the granuloma.
- Finally, all representatives of section Polystachya examined were found to possess multicellular, uniseriate, moniliform trichomes that fragment to form unicellular units.
- Clusters range from limited moniliform series of beadlike chambers to irregularly intergrown or adnate chambers with long exaulos tubes.
early 19th century: from French moniliforme or modern Latin moniliformis, from Latin monile 'necklace' + -iform.
More definitions of moniliformDefinition of moniliform in:
- The British & World English dictionary