(also monocarpous /-pəs/)
- (Of a plant) flowering only once and then dying.More example sentences
- The presence of a leaf litter cover has been shown to cause seedling mortality in several monocarpic species.
- Scarlet gilia is a common monocarpic perennial wildflower of western montane habitats.
- Commonly, the apical meristems differentiated into reproductive structures, making these plants monocarpic and determinant in their growth pattern.
More definitions of monocarpicDefinition of monocarpic in:
- The British & World English dictionary