Definition of monocyclic in English:
1 Chemistry Having one ring of atoms in its molecule.
- Clusters containing at least 10 atoms commonly form monocyclic rings.
- Benzene is planar and has an uninterrupted cyclic array of three conjugated double bonds arranged in a monocyclic six membered ring.
- Limonene synthase catalyses the stereo-specific cyclization of geranyl diphosphate to form a monocyclic monoterpene, limonene.
2Of or relating to a single cycle of activity.
- Plate homologies between the two basic types of aboral cup construction, monocyclic and dicyclic, were not always as had traditionally been assumed.
- Both of these monocyclic crinoids have very few plates in the aboral cup.
- Buproprion is a unique monocyclic antidepressant that has structural similarities to amphetamines.
Definition of monocyclic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan