- A large phagocytic white blood cell with a simple oval nucleus and clear, grayish cytoplasm.More example sentences
- In some animal studies, it stimulates natural killer cells and monocytes, which the immune system uses to fight off viruses.
- In vivo studies have demonstrated that glutamine is essential for optimal immune cell functioning for monocytes, lymphocytes and neutrophils.
- Microglia, brain cells equivalent to the monocytes of the immune system, surrounded the plaques that were not yet cleared.
More definitions of monocyteDefinition of monocyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary