nounBack to top
- An algebraic expression consisting of one term.More example sentences
- The essence of this method is in finding coefficients of basic monomials via the number of possible arrangements of a graph on a finite linearly ordered set that preserves the order of location of vertices.
- Having given rules for multiplication and division of monomials he then looked at ‘composite quantities’ or sums of monomials.
- He was first to define the monomials x, x 2, x 3,… and 1 / x, 1 / x 2, 1 / x 3,… and to give rules for products of any two of these.
early 18th century: from mono- 'one', on the pattern of binomial.
More definitions of monomialDefinition of monomial in:
- The British & World English dictionary