- 1An abnormally high proportion of monocytes in the blood.More example sentences
- Common benign causes include adenoviral illness in children, mononucleosis, and some pharmaceuticals, and these can usually be identified with a careful history and examination.
- The flu gave way to mononucleosis and finally chronic fatigue syndrome, which sidelined him for several months.
- These white blood cells help fight viral infections, and an increased number of ‘atypical’ lymphocytes usually indicates current infection with mononucleosis.
More definitions of mononucleosisDefinition of mononucleosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary