- The condition of having a diploid chromosome complement in which one (usually the X) chromosome lacks its homologous partner.More example sentences
- The predominant anomalies in reproductive specimens include trisomy of the autosomes and monosomy of the X chromosome.
- Both monosomy and trisomy of specific chromosomes are associated with developmental defects and cancer risk.
- One plant lacked all six chromosome 12 markers, which indicates possible monosomy, and the other lacked just a terminal marker from the end of chromosome 10.
- More example sentences
- A new marker on LG D04, the homeolog of chromosome 10, showed the G. barbadense allele in a cytogenetic stock monosomic for chromosome 20.
- The selected nuclei are monosomic for the chromosome that carries the darA mutation; or they are disomic, and mitotic recombination has rendered the mutation homozygous.
- Each type of monosomic and monotelodisomic aneuploid exhibits a characteristic chromosome-specific phenotypic syndrome.
More definitions of monosomyDefinition of monosomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary