- (Of an organic compound, especially a fat) saturated except for one multiple bond.More example sentences
- Meta-regressions also explored the relation between change in proportion of saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, and monounsaturated fat on cardiovascular events.
- Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats tend to decrease blood cholesterol levels when substituted for saturated fats.
- In refractory cases, monounsaturated fats may replace carbohydrates, but weight and lipid profile should be closely monitored.
More definitions of monounsaturatedDefinition of monounsaturated in:
- The British & World English dictionary