noun (plural montunos)
- An improvised passage in a rumba.More example sentences
- On the cha cha cha ‘Escucha El Ritmo’, Oscar Hernandez gets to play some really nice montuno and jazz chops.
- It is the montuno that went on to ultimately develop into Salsa which is popular all over the world today.
- During the faster montuno section of the dance, the dancers may open up into moves where they don't face each other if they wish
mid 20th century: American Spanish, 'native to mountains, wild'.
More definitions of montunoDefinition of montuno in:
- The British & World English dictionary