- A granular igneous rock with a composition intermediate between syenite and diorite, containing approximately equal amounts of orthoclase and plagioclase.More example sentences
- The northwestern parts of La Hague comprise a suite of igneous units ranging in composition from diorite to granite monzonite collectively termed the Northern Granites.
- The St Martin monzonite is the earliest member of the Northern Granites.
- That is why at 8 A.M. on a Saturday I find myself standing in a parking lot in Southern California's Joshua Tree National Park, which is famous for the quartz monzonite rock that draws climbers from all over the world.
late 19th century: named after Mount Monzoni in the Tyrol, Italy, + -ite1.
More definitions of monzoniteDefinition of monzonite in:
- The British & World English dictionary