Definition of moon blindness in English:
(In horses) a recurrent inflammatory disease of the eyes, causing intermittent blindness.
- There is indeed a disease colloquially known as moon blindness, but it only occurs in horses.
- From time-to-time, horse owners and veterinarians see equine recurrent uveitis, also known as periodic ophthalmia or moon blindness, in horses.
- Equine recurrent uveitis, also known as moon blindness, is the most common cause of blindness in this species.
- Example sentences
- We often worked at night and knew that if you stared too long at the fire, like a moon-blind horse, your vision could not adjust to the dark.
- She's had several that have come up either night blind or one foal who was moon-blind at weaning but she never knew.
Definition of moon blindness in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan